Book Publicity and Author Promotion Services from Booked PR
Booked PR is a unique book publicity agency as its founder has worked “on the other side”. Before its launch, award-winning book publicist Helen McCusker qualified as a journalist and spent several years as a radio broadcaster. Having managed a hectic newsroom, Helen knows exactly how a good press release should read and the best time to strike. All of which is combined with a depth and breadth of media contacts which make high profile coverage achievable.
- Do you want to see yourself on Breakfast TV, hear yourself on BBC Radio, or read a review of your book in the national press? Plenty of Booked PR clients have featured in high profile places such as Sky News, Woman's Hour and The Daily Mail. Matador author Ian Price worked with Booked PR in 2011 to launch his book The Activity Illusion: “Booked PR's inventive PR campaign led to great press coverage with The Guardian, The Sunday Times, Computing, Professional Manager, ITV1’s ‘The Tonight’ programme and several others. Helen's personal touch, energetic approach and resourcefulness combine to offer a service that really punches above its weight. I would happily recommend Booked PR to other authors; for the project we put together to promote the book, I can only describe it as like having an in-house PR department.”
- With experience in promoting finance, political, business, lifestyle, novels and biographies, Booked PR’s services can be adapted to suit most titles. Booked PR offers the flexibility that self-published authors need – experience without the overhead. Helen can work around your budget and provide only the services you require, maximising your results whilst minimising your costs.
- Campaign fees are very much project dependent as Booked PR will tailor its services around your budget. There is no minimum campaign spend, because Booked PR understands that every book is different and self-published authors often don't have as much to ‘splash’ on their marketing efforts.
- Typical Rates:
- £995.00 per month
- £300.00 per day
- £50.00 per hour
- £150 for a 3 hour pre-publication consultation
- £250 for press release and e-mail distribution
- £49.00 per entry in The Author List
- All part of the service...
- • Meeting the publisher and author pre-campaign
- • Press releases and long-lead mail outs
- • Access to a comprehensive media list
- • Interview planning and scheduling
- • Preparation for TV and Radio
- • Developing media relations
- • Serial rights management
- • Book signings and events
- It all depends on exactly what you need help with; perhaps just the initial draft of the press release and production of a mailing list. Or media follow ups and review copy mail outs. Most clients opt for a full package – usually stretching over three months pre-publication. Six-week ‘kick-start’ campaigns are also an option. Visit the Booked PR website to read what other authors have to say or contact Helen today to organise a free, no obligation consultation to discuss your tailor-made publicity package.