Don’t Just Write A Scene ~ Create A Memorable Setting
Make your novel's scene settings come alive to your readers with mood, senses, atmosphere and vivid descriptions shown through the point of view of your characters. This book will guide you through choosing settings with mood, atmosphere and sensory details that will influence your characters.
In films like Bourne or Bond you see baddies chasing the hero through crowded towns with tight corners and narrow streets or racing across roof tops. In other classic films you may see the most unusual places on earth and wonder how the studios found those places to feature in their films. Clearly they have endless budgets with numerous bodies to scout for locations. But what if there was a resource where writers could dip in and out to find these special types of locations for setting their scenes?
Inside 101 Writers’ Scene Settings bestselling author of Pimp My Fiction, Paula Wynne guides you through:
• Creating the right novel setting in order to write a vivid scene
• Finding unique locations for different scenarios in your plot
• Creating vivid descriptions for your scene setting and weaving them together seamlessly through the character’s actions and reactions
• Develop all the elements within a location to ensure you write realistic, intriguing descriptions shown from the character’s point of view
• Using sensory details that bring your setting to life
• Layers of details that make a reader feel like they are right there with your character
• And you will get a free download copy of the Settings Checklist!
Filled with ideas for categories such as crowded towns, tight and narrow streets, adventure locations, places up high and down below, mountains and valleys, seascapes, abandoned places, modern techno, scary and spooky, and unusual work places, homes and fight scenes, 101 Writers’ Scene Settings helps you to dive into researching and planning your settings so you can write a compelling scene and create a vivid setting that readers won’t forget.