In my own quest to write a fabulous page-turning book for children, I am writing an article on writing for children and how an aspiring author of children’s books can look for information that will fuel their children’s novels.
As a self-published or mainstream published author of children’s fiction can you help us with any of these questions?
Writing Your Children’s Novel
There are so many questions on writing for children, these spring immediately to mind ...
- Which are the best books on writing for children?
- Are there any good courses for writing for children?
- How to decide what children’s age to write for?
- How do you decide what's acceptable for certain age children?
- How do you ensure your children’s' stories are totally unique?
- How do you create your characters?
- Do you write for children you know?
- Do you check your ideas with children before you write?
- Do you ask children for other ideas for your stories?
- Do you prefer to write serious or silly stories for children?
- Where do you research your facts for writing serious children's fiction?
When your book is complete, there are more questions to be asked.
- How do you find a children's book illustrator?
- How do you find the right editor for your children’s novel?
- What are the best ways of reaching a children's audience?
- How do you market a children's book?
If you can help with any of these questions, please give us a shout via our contact page or add a comment below.
You may also be interested in the 2015 Children's Writer's & Illustrator's Market