Mindfulness and Meditation in the south of France differs from other books about mindfulness and meditation in five unique ways:
1. This book proposes a technique, in the form of a questionnaire, to help you choose the meditation method will work the best for you. Meditation is not a one-size-fits-all exercise. We are all different, we each have to find a meditation method that suits us, mentally and physically.
2. This book helps readers solve real-life problems. In each chapter, an everyday person with everyday challenges explains his/her problem. There is
- someone who struggles to lose weight and keep it off,
- someone with relationship problems,
- someone who can not sleep,
- someone with an overwhelmingly stressful job,
- someone whose new business is faltering,
- someone who is trying to make a long-treasured dream come true,
- someone who wants to grow spiritually...
The rest of each chapter demonstrates how each of these people can solve their problem with mindfulness and meditation.
3. This book helps people who do not enjoy traditional sitting meditation to find a realistic alternative. Not everyone can sit still for 60, 30, 20 or even 10 minutes at a time.
4. This book is an interactive and practical aid – each chapter contains a selection of links to further resources, carefully chosen to help the reader discover and experience the various meditation methods presented. There are also links to scientific studies that back up the effectiveness of the methods described in the book.
5. This book exclusively contains a chapter about equine-guided meditation, one of the meditation methods we introduce our mindfulness meditation workshop participants to.The chapter includes instructions on how to practice equine-guided meditation in the absence of horses.
I have written this book because I believe that mindfulness and meditation are effective stress management strategies that can help practitioners avoid the physical and mental damage that stress can cause. That is why it is of primordial importance to me to help you find a meditation method that suits you. A method that you will be able to incorporate into your daily life without having to sacrifice too much of your precious time and that you will be able to continue practising daily, for the rest of your life.
If you would like to find out more about mindfulness and meditation and how it can benefit you in a practical and sustainable way, this is the book for you. You can find out more about it at my website: http://MargarethaMontagu.com. It s avalable as an e-book and a printed book from Amazon and as an e-book from Nook and Kobo.